Below is a list of conventions, festivals and other events I’ll be sidling along to with an anxious smile and a name badge. Come say hi.
Eastercon – Birmingham Hilton Metropole, 15 and 16 April 2017.
- Mysteries, Romance, and Fantasy – Saturday 15th, 7pm, Churchill room
- Genre, Fanfic, and Community – Sunday 16th, 7pm, Gladstone room
- All day Sunday, wandering around, attending other panels, free for chats, beers and shenanigans
Godblind book launch event- Thursday 15 June, 6.30pm-8pm.
- Book launch at Waterstones Birmingham, with reading followed by signing.
- Sign up here
Edge-Lit – Derby, 15 July 2017.
- Workshop: “How many POVs is too many POVs?” 12pm-1pm, location: Green Room.
- Epic! Why is fantasy enjoying a new wave of popularity? Panel event 3pm-4pm, location: Cinema Two
New voices in Fantasy, Waterstones Piccadilly, 20 July.
- A panel event moderated by Tom Lloyd and featuring me, Ed McDonald (Blackwing) and Anna Smith Spark (Court of Broken Knives). 7-8.30pm
- Tickets available here.
Fantasy in the Court – London, 3 August
- 6-9pm. A great event hosted by Goldsboro Books, who are (a) wonderful and (b) affiliated to DHH Literary Agency. Plus pink champagne…
- Tickets are £5 and available here.
Nine Worlds – London, 4-6 August.
- Reading and panel shenanigans with Ed McDonald (Blackwing) and RJ Barker (Age of Assassins) – 5pm, 4 August, Pouilly room
- Technology for writers – 5pm, 5 August, Reims room (also RJ Barker – he’s stalking me)
- This will be my first Nine Worlds, so I’ll also be wandering around with a dazed and childlike expression of wonder all weekend.
Grim Gathering, Waterstones Bath, 25 September
I am REALLY looking forward to this one!
I’ll be the one giggling a lot (I mean come one, does my photo there look like a ‘proper’ author’s?) in company with Peter V Brett, Peter Newman, Mark Lawrence and Joe Abercrombie. Tickets are £5, redeemable against any book bought on the night. Doesn’t even have to be mine, though, you know…
Gothenburg Book Fair – 28-29 September
- A couple of panel events, details to be confirmed
- My first time in Sweden!
Escape to Fantasycon: Peterborough – 30 Sept-1 Oct.
I’ll be arriving about 4pm on the Saturday, straight from Gothenburg book fair via Heathrow airport.
- Reading from Godblind, 5pm, the Reading Room
- What is and isn’t grimdark? – 6pm, panel room 1
- Fantasy – good versus evil – 9.30pm, panel room 3
- Writing mentors and writing groups – 11am, panel room 1
- Disposable bad guys – 1.30pm, panel room 3.
Pretty busy day and a half straight after two days at a book fair! Buy me beer or I’ll never get through it…
Writing Fantasy Fiction, Waterstones Bristol, 27 October
Jen Williams, Lucy Hounsom, Joanne Hall, Anna Smith Spark and myself are invading Waterstones Bristol the evening before Bristolcon to talk about the process of writing fantasy. We’ll be moderated by my outstanding editor, Natasha Bardon (who is no doubt ruing the day she agreed to this) and it’s going to be fabulous.
It’ll get you right in the mood for Bristolcon!
Bristolcon, 28 October
- Programme Room 1, 3pm – Mapping SF&F
- Programme Room 2, 5pm – They hacked my lightbulb, now I’m sat in the dark!
- Programme Room 2, 5.50 – Reading from Godblind
- Programme Room 2, 7pm – Health and Safety in Space